Sunday, March 18, 2007

A New Favorite Thing


The time has come to give a shout out to my new favorite thing... Architects Hatch . I saw it at Passagen, and like that Kylie Minogue song, I just can't get it out of my head.

The neon... the stripes... the workmanship... the joy!

It's so lovely, I really can't stop thinking about it. The pieces are made of a birch particle board that seems so raw, and rough at first, but on a closer inspection of the workmanship you can see why one would be willing to pay a good price for this piece. Hidden behind a laminate coating for years, this piece spotlights particle board, and gives it the glory that it has never received before.

The neon orange (or black for more boring people) inlayed stripes are so precisely set, they wrap around the piece matching
perfectly at all corners, and conjunctions. It looks nice, and seems simple but the whole stripe pattern was laid out on computer and carefully calculated. Precision! I love it! I wish it had been my idea!

Just imagine this piece sitting in your dining room, it would be the talk of your dinner party. Everyone would love you! If you are brave enough to put neon colors in your home then everyone should love you!


Last but not least, the architect who designed the piece is really cute! (what can I say, I'm a girl, I have to mention it!) Go out and buy one, or at least go to the website and drool over it like me!

by Lou Smith
markusbeneschcreates.com
galeriemaurer.de

No comments: